We all get trapped in the flurry of holiday parties, shopping and travel arrangements at this time. It can be quite time consuming and stressful to get it all done. We may even forget about the important things in our lives.
That's why I propose you try the following suggestions before the New Year. It will help you wrap up this year on a high note, and start the right path in the New Year:
1. De-Clutter: This refers to your home, car, purse or life in general! The Chinese technique Feng Shui, teaches that clutter is a major cause of chaos, sickness and stress in our lives, and it constricts the flow of energy. Try winter cleaning--dump those old papers, broken appliances and unused trinkets. According to my sister Annette, an Ayurvedic Educator, it is best to do this during the full moon period (now until December 24!) per Kabbalistic teaching. So get a headstart now!
2. Let Go of Old Baggage: Similar to clutter, holding on to baggage can restrict our energy flow and keep us from moving forward. Forgive those that have hurt you, ask for forgiveness and let go of past grievances or mistakes. Whatever you're holding on to, is it really worth it? You'll feel much better when you lift the weight and move on!
3. Reflect on 2011: Think back on the year--have you been leading the life you want and fulfilling your purpose? What did you do right this year? Remember to celebrate those accomplishments! Did you have any difficult experiences? If you haven't done so yet, turn these into positive opportunities to grow and learn.
4. Set 2012 Goals: About a week ago I gave some guidelines for setting goals. I challenge you to have one or two HUGE "Masterpiece" goals that stretch you out of your comfort zone and get you to aim high in 2012. If you need a bit more assistance, download my free "Sketch Your Goals" Guide for making 2012 your best year ever!
5. Rest and Recharge: I know it may be difficult this time of year, but try to take at least a couple of days to do NOTHING. That rest period may be the perfect time to reflect, let go of the past and set goals.
6. Give Back: Make it a point to give during this holiday time. You can donate a few dollars to a cause you care about (such as an arts charity like Artista Foundation), donate your clothes to a Salvation Army drop off, or donate your time to a local soup kitchen or orphanage. It is a wonderful feeling helping others, and you will receive way more in return!
Do you have any other suggestions to empower you into 2012? I'd love to hear them!
For more guidance on setting goals, creating a plan for action and leading your best life, check out Sculpt Your Life From Sketch to Masterpiece(TM). This e-book program presents 12 strategies for success and is designed to motivate you to increase your productivity, reach your goals and ultimately fulfill your purpose! Plus it's a great holiday gift!
For more FREE tips and strategies and to get instant access to the "12 Secrets to Success Strategies" video with more great insight from Sculpt Your Life From Sketch to Masterpiece(TM), sign up now: