Okay, so Now is officially the time to clean-up your life! Why wait? This goes for all areas...and trust me, you'll feel so much better.
Here are some easy ways to re-energize your life at this time:
1. De-Clutter: The Chinese technique Feng Shui teaches that clutter is a major cause of chaos, sickness and stress in our lives, and it constricts the flow of energy. So dump those old papers, broken appliances and unused trinkets. Clean out your car, closet and purse. According to my sister Annette, an Ayurvedic Educator, it is best to do this during the full moon period.
*A tip of the hat to Martha Beck, if you have a hard time doing a heavy duty purge, try throwing out 2 items per day in the trash outside your home. Although it may be difficult at first, you'll soon become addicted to finding the two daily items to throw away, and continue this momentum year-round.
2. Let Go of Past Items You Don't Want: Per Feng Shui, it is not healthy to hold on to items from the past, especially those you don't want, such as tacky family heirlooms and old gifts, and even awards when you were 6 years old that are falling apart. To move on, give away or throw out these items that are collecting dust from your past, especially if they don't evoke happy feelings. It's just "stuff"...they don't hold your memories. Everything in your home should serve a purpose and you should love. This also goes for having pictures in public of your family from 20 years ago. Always update these items to current times to ensure you are moving forward, not staying stuck.
3. Let Go of Emotional Baggage: Similar to clutter and holding past items, holding on to emotional baggage can restrict our energy flow and keep us from moving forward. Forgive those that have hurt you, ask for forgiveness and let go of past grievances or mistakes. This also goes for feelings of guilt and resentment. You may even be holding on to a bad relationship or dead-end job that's not going anywhere. Whatever you're holding on to, is it really worth it? You'll feel much better when you lift the weight and move on!
4. Reflect on the last quarter: Have you started and followed through on your New Year's goals and commitments? Are you where you want to be professionally, personally, spiritually and emotionally? Have you made any headway since the last time you reflected on this? Do you have any new goals, or is it time to resurrect an old goal that you've forgotten? What will get you moving forward, perhaps additional resources or help? Maybe you can hire a nanny or a virtual assistant so you don't work such long hours. Or perhaps you can use a coach or therapist to help with professional goals or emotional issues, respectively.
5. Recharge Time: Try to get a little rest and relaxation if you can! You'll be glad you did, especially if you've been working long hours in the typical grind. There's a slowwww movement taking steam now, and I am totally on board. Sometimes we just need to slow down for a bit to recharge our batteries.
*For additional help on meeting your professional and personal goals, check out my coaching services, sign up for one of my upcoming online webinars or workshops, or check out my success e-program Sculpt Your Life From Sketch to Masterpiece(TM). All of these resources are designed to help you break through your personal clutter and become your best self!