Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Give it Your Very Best Every Time

[Note: Before I forget, my next 4-Week Accelerated Coaching Program starts in a few weeks...are you ready for BIG transformation results in your career? Achieve your dream biz goal in just weeks, space is limited so check it out now! Here's to your success! ~Alex]


Image from The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks

 Some people have been kind enough to call me a fine artist. I’ve always called
myself an illustrator. I’m not sure what the difference is. All I know is that
whatever type of work I do, I try to give it my very best. Art has been my life.

~Norman Rockwell 
It is my philosophy that if you are going to have a goal, give it your very best and aim for as high as you can possibly conceive. Not that I ALWAYS do that, but certainly I have enough proof that I have aimed and reached most of the professional goals I set over the last 5 years. Some of them, like my book and success program Sculpt Your Life,  went from a sketch to a masterpiece in only a few months! And now I still have many more lofty goals I’d love to accomplish over the next couple of years.
You see, I’m in the process of creating and planning a really awesome event that I know you will all love, and I’m really excited about it! I want it to be BIG, with BIG speakers and a lot of guests that are willing to act BIG. When I mentioned it to some of my family members initially, everyone was supportive except for one “Negateer” who politely said that for my first event of this kind, I should aim for a much smaller venue with fewer people than I was originally planning.
For a second, my “Confined Mind” as I call it, kicked in and thought maybe she was right. But then I realized that was just my own discomfort with the situation because this is a lofty goal—it’s definitely an intimidating event, but definitely something I can handle. And I also knew that it was her “Confined Mind” talking as well, either from her own insecurity or because she doesn't want me to fail...but either way she is not supporting me (or herself) to dream BIG.
So I politely told her “Thank you, but No! I’m doing a BIG event!”
You see, I’ve already done several events and workshops with dozens of people and online webinars with over a hundred people. I want to do a “BIG event." What type of an example would I be as a coach and businessperson to you and all my clients, friends and family if I played “small”? If I plan for 10,000 and I get 100 people to attend (1%), it is still better than planning for 100 and getting 99 to show up (99%)!
Certainly there is always room to try something once and then adjust and correct later. But many times all you’ve got is one shot, one opportunity, one audition!  
Look at all the successful people whose first books are bestsellers, or who become “stars” after their first performance. Not that they had it easy, but they gave it their very best and it paid off!
We live in this sense of fear that limits us from going all the way. If you’re going to plan something, do it right, and go all the way! I give you permission, and darn it, I support you! Plan and create your “Masterpiece” work the first time and every time. It’s the surest way to accomplish your Masterpiece!
Because of my commitment to a BIG dream, I can proudly say today that I write books, not just articles, and I create BIG events, not just small gatherings. 
What can you do to play BIG and give it your best today? 
And importantly, is there any way I can support you or hold you accountable to live BIG or give it your very best? 
This passage is inspired from Module 6: Creating Masterpiece Work, of my Success Program Sculpt Your Life From Sketch to Masterpiece(TM) designed to help you set and reach your goals and ultimately lead your best, Masterpiece life!

For more FREE success tips and strategies and to get instant access to the "12 Secrets to Success Strategies" video with more great insight from Sculpt Your Life From Sketch to Masterpiece(TM), sign up now (don't worry, I value my client's privacy and never sell information to third parties!):
Enter Your Name:
Enter your Email:

No comments:

Post a Comment