Thursday, May 31, 2012

Find Time for Rest & Relaxation

Image courtesy of CelinaSkye.com spa concierge

If you are at all like me, you have about a million things you are working on at the same time. And it seems that no matter how much I have to do, I keep piling on more to do. 

The truth is that I am at my highest productivity level when I have a lot going on, mainly because I have less time to procrastinate. Of course, the downside is the usual sense of overwhelm! Being overwhelmed and overly stressed are major reasons or precursors for getting sick.

One thing I have been trying to increase is finding BALANCE in my life. I'm sure you want it too! I know I know, it's tough. But you deserve it! 

Here are some ways to find time for rest and relaxation:

1. Schedule "R&R" time in your calendar. That way, you won't get distracted by other errands or tasks so easily.
It could be as simple as spending 20 minutes during the day to go for a walk during lunch or take a breather outdoors (hopefully not to smoke!). These little breaks can be so refreshing and help recharge the mind. Make your friends and family aware of your schedule so they don’t interrupt you either.

2. Take periodic days off.
This can be done on a weekly, monthly or seasonal basis. I try to schedule one day every couple of weeks of "me time" to go to the spa or book a massage or just hang out doing NOTHING. I've come to love and appreciate my "Nothing" days.

3. Schedule at least two weeks of vacation each year. It's almost summer...do you have vacation planned yet? If not, get out your calendar and mark out a week in the next two months. Then find a mini vacation, or even a "staycation" to be a tourist in your own town. If you’re not prioritizing your vacation time, what are you prioritizing instead? 

4. Resist the Feelings of Guilt or Filling Time. Nowhere in religious or spiritual texts does it say that you have to work hard 24/7 or that relaxation is evil. Yet so many of us have little feelings of guilt when we take time off or spend time relaxing. We have even been programmed to always be doing something that we may have trouble being still for a moment. Just try it for a few hours!

If you have not incorporated R&R, recharge time, and vacation into your overall life goals, now's the time to revisit your goals and make it a priority. Rest and play are crucial for living your Masterpiece Life!

Embrace and learn to love the stillness, silence and nothingness. Your mind, body and spirit will appreciate it!

The above excerpt is derived from Ch. 4 of Sculpt Your Life From Sketch to Masterpiece(TM). This program has 12 keys to success and is designed to m
otivate you to increase your productivity, reach your goals and ultimately fulfill your purpose! 
 
For more FREE tips and strategies and to get instant access to the "12 Secrets to Success Strategies" video with more great insight from Sculpt Your Life From Sketch to Masterpiece(TM), sign up now:
Enter Your Name:
Enter your Email:

No comments:

Post a Comment