|Alexandra having fun interviewing Lemongrass Spa founder Heidi Leist|
Apart from meeting the founders Heidi and Bryan Leist, a heart-centered couple that is highly accessible, networking and bonding with other Lemongrass Spa consultants, I learned quite a bit about sales and business that is relevant to everyone.
Featured keynote speaker Belinda Ellsworth has decades worth of experience in direct sales companies. Here are the key takeaways from Belinda as well as other speakers from the weekend:
Priorities of a Successful Leader by Belinda Ellsworth
- Goal Setting/Vision: Only 13% of people set goals and 3% have any big picture vision for their life. Furthermore, only 1% of individuals have the natural ability to be born leaders and build vision in others. Leaders must set goals for themselves and others, have a big picture vision, and learn/emulate from other leaders. If you do this, you will be in the top percentile of leaders in your industry.
- Schedule Your Day/Week: Try this exercise: for a week write down EVERYTHING you do in your day. Chances are you will find you waste a ton of time on things that are not furthering your business or personal growth. Instead, try scheduling your day and week in advance. And most importantly, stick to it. At the end of the day, check your progress and see where you've been spending most of your time. Discipline is a muscle, you need to practice it.
- Create the Spark: Everywhere you go, create passion around your mission and business.
- Decision: decide what you want
- Desire: continues to build/grow
- Details: Daily to do lists builds your discipline, make sure to set reasonable expectations of what you can do
- Destination: make sure to reach it
- Determination: decide what you want, follow through, never lose sight of the end result and keep going
- Financial Freedom
- Flexibility of Time
- Personal Growth & Self Esteem
- Set your day into 15-minute increments of income producing activities
- Focus on your business 4 days a week
- People will mirror what you put out
- Commitment: Keep your commitments
- Consistent: follow through on the mundane tasks even if you don't want to do them.
- Organization: Keep all your sales leads in one folder.
- Make booking calls when you're on fire, not when you're desperate for leads! Your confidence will shine through!
- Follow up: follow up, follow up!
- Focus on why people love your product/service and focus on that.
- Never pre-judge your clients or prospects. You never know what someone is going through that could lead them to want to work with you. Always do the sales talk no matter what. Invite them to be your client, they may be waiting for you.
- Ideal Client: envision your ideal client
- Share: Love for your product/service, integrity of the company, friendships/comraderie
- Goal setting: create a sense of urgency
- Customer Care: follow up, follow up.
- Pushy people aren't afraid to be pushy. OFFER, don't push.
- Take the time to pray before a call or meeting to be of service to your clients and to prepare their hearts to be open to your product/service.
- Remember to have fun!
Check out a short interview with founder and CEO Heidi Leist on her mission and advice she provides for Missionpreneurs: