Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Moving Beyond the Terror Barrier to our Dreams

[Note: Before I forget, my next 4-Week Accelerated Coaching Program starts in a few weeks...are you ready for BIG transformation results in your career? Achieve your dream biz goal in just weeks, space is limited so check it out now! Here's to your success! ~Alex] 


I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.
~Georgia O’Keefe

Reflect on this quote for a moment. What a powerful message from a female artist who succeeded in a man’s world!

Fear is always in our path. Fear is a feeling or emotion one gets from the presence or imminence of any danger, according to TheFreeDictionary.com. The danger may be a real threat or perceived threat; in our lives, many times it stems from a challenge we are facing.

All people, no matter how confident they are, confront fear in one form or another. We mistakenly believe that successful people have no fears. In actuality, they do have fears but are courageous enough to move past them.

Throughout your life, you will continuously experience fear. I recently listened to an audio recording by Bob Proctor (bobproctor.com) where he talked about how we constantly hit the “terror barrier” at certain points when we want to grow or advance in our lives. The “terror barrier” is both when you are excited and terrified at the same time.

Moving past the “terror barrier” can give you amazing success beyond what you ever imagined. But many times when we hit the “terror barrier”, instead of pushing forward, we sulk back into our comfort zone accepting the same results we’ve been getting all along. To become your best, highest self, your challenge is to move beyond the fear and the “terror barrier” and reach for your dreams anyway.  

In my case, one of the biggest risks I have taken was leaving my corporate job to start my own business. There was no certainty that I was going to succeed. I was terrified! I finally decided that fulfilling my Masterpiece Purpose was more important than any risk I was taking. In fact, my fears turned into a “Must Win Big” mentality. 

Instead of worrying about the risks, I concentrated on success and continued to take small steps forward. Since then I’ve done phenomenal things I never imagined possible, including writing a book, Sculpt Your Life From Sketch to Masterpiece(TM).

Look at your life and examine in what areas you have been hitting the “terror barrier.” Are you stepping up to the challenge or playing it safe? Imagine the possibilities if you looked your challenge in the eye and just went for it?



This article is derived from Ch. 7 on Overcoming Fears and Taking Risks from the success program Sculpt Your Life From Sketch to Masterpiece(TM). This e-book program presents 12 strategies for success and is designed to motivate you to increase your productivity, reach your goals and ultimately fulfill your purpose and lead a Masterpiece life!

For more FREE tips and strategies and to get instant access to the "12 Secrets to Success Strategies"
video with more great insight from Sculpt Your Life From Sketch to Masterpiece(TM), sign up now:
Enter Your Name:
Enter your Email:

No comments:

Post a Comment